Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cristi's Birthday

The birthday party was a success and I believe everyone had a blast. At final count we had 13 people in attendance. We started the night out at the Brentwood Sports Grille to hear Barry Coggins perform. It was the birthday girl’s special request for the evening and I couldn’t let her down. We ate, drank, sang, and danced the night away. Some of us were dancing a bit more than others.



For those of you who aren’t familiar with Barry Coggins. He performed at the Courtyard CafĂ© in Antioch, TN until they closed a few years ago. He is a great mix of Jimmy Buffett and James Taylor, and is always a lot of fun. I hunted him down via the internet and found out he played some Fridays in Brentwood and off we went.

The cake was a big surprise for Cristi. I made it as a giant Bud Light bottle as you can see and she just loved it. It was actually one of the easier cakes I’ve made and I was thrilled with how it turned out. It seemed only logical since it is one of the birthday girls favorite things in this world, and it was very befitting of the bar atmosphere too.

0 comments: