Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Still Incarcerated!

Well, as you know, Bailey was supposed to be coming home this week. I had found out about the part time job going on hiatus on Friday and called the trainer to leave a message about our meeting. I didn't hear back from him during the day and tried calling again that afternoon without getting him again.

After work I had a computer client to go see and so I went on to help her out. While I was there Jim called me. Corinne told me to go ahead and take the call and so I answered. Jim said he had seen that I had called a few times and wanted to get back with me. He then told me that "Bailey had earned himself another week" I kinda chuckled a little and asked what had happened. He said he had been pushing Bailey's buttons and an episode had occurred. Of course, I laughed a bit again and asked which buttons he had been pushing. Bailey has a lot of these and I was just curious which one had given him some issues. He then explained that he had been working with Bailey for about an hour and a half on commands. He had been dishing them out, one after another for a very long period of time. Basically he wore him out, but never the less, there shouldn't be any issues here.

He said Bailey had done an excellent job and responded to every command he was given and had earned himself some affection. Apparently Jim reached down to pet him on the head in congratulations, and Bailey whipped around and snapped at him. Now, I know this was due to fatigue and so does Jim. This has always been an issue with Bailey. On the weekends he doesn't get to sleep all day because I'm there and he is afraid he will miss something. Then, he tends to act like a toddler that didn't get a nap, and is very snippy.

To his defense, Jim said that he immediately knew he had messed up. Jim said he was instantly apologizing and nuzzling trying to make up. However, Jim also feels that this should never cross Bailey's mind as an option. He is planning to continue pushing buttons on a regular basis until he gets a full week with no events. Then he will call me back about my training.

Maybe next week!!

0 comments: