Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dell and Peripherals

Just a quick note to make sure everyone is aware that buying peripherals (extra items like printers, laptop bags, etc...) from Dell is a big mistake! If you can buy it somewhere else, please do. Dell will not stand behind any of these products. Unless something goes wrong with the item within 21 days they will do NOTHING for you.

My experience is a laptop bag. I purchased it a week or so after I bought my laptop to ensure that I would have something to carry my laptop in, in the event I needed to take it somewhere. Last week sometime was the first time I needed to take it with me. On the first day I carry this bag, the zipper breaks! Now after talking to 3 barely English speaking people, I finally am told to call the manufacturer of the product!!! UGH!!!!

I am of a mind to boycott any companies that provide support via other countries. I need to be able to understand you, you understand me, and you be able to help me. None of these things ever seem to happen with support of American products out of Foreign Countries! It seems we have an awful lot of Americans needing jobs and we are sending them all to India. What better solution to a multitude of problems. Hire Americans for support jobs and decrease the unemployed level. This will also bring some comfort to Americans seeking support as they will be able to understand the support personnel and probably get help. Sorry for the soapbox, but I am pretty put out.

Now, on to call Belkin where I'm sure I'll get another guy named Rashid to try and help me.

0 comments: