Monday, April 4, 2011

My Trainer and the First Workouts


So after my Wednesday meeting with the sales pitch trainer, I got to meet my actual trainer on Friday. His name is John Smith and he’s a really nice guy with, wait for it, RED HAIR!!! He’s not really the Jillian Michaels kind of trainer, but he still pushes me really hard in a nice way.

As of today I have worked out with John 4 times. Interestingly enough, we have yet to do the same exercise twice. Each visit is 30 minutes long and consists of a circuit of exercises. It’s kind of amazing to me how all of these exercises work so many different muscles. I’m finding that I’m sore in places I didn’t even realize were muscles.

After the first workout I was terrified. My thighs hurt so bad after that workout that I could barely walk for over 3 days. It comes and goes though. I’m sore somewhere new everyday, but it keeps me going somehow. I’ll try and keep you posted on my workouts and how they are going. I will say that it’s a lot like doing aerobics with weights. My heart rate is up the whole time.

After each training session I’m supposed to get on the elliptical machine for another 30 minutes. The first visit I only made it about 10 minutes and as of today I made it the complete 30 minutes. I really hate the elliptical machine. It does however, burn a lot more calories than the treadmill does. I guess no pain, no gain.

0 comments: