Monday, September 29, 2008

Critter Update

Well, 7 days later I caught another one! I went across the street to my neighbor Brian's house to see if he would take me and the Opossum for a drive. Brian has a truck and I don't. I considered for one brief moment putting the thing in my trunk and quickly vetoed that idea. What if it pees in there? Plus, it smells like a dead animal!

Well, Brian agreed to drive us as long as he didn't have to touch it. :) Like I was going to touch that gnarly thing!

Any ways he drove us up the road a bit to a clearing and I got the cage out and opened it up. With me standing there, the critter just kept hissing and climbing further up the back wall of the cage. So, I sat it down and took two steps away. Just like that, the critter scampered right out of the cage and into the trees. At least it's gone now.

My neighbor who is apparently scared to death of my Opossum remarked that I must be some "country girl" I assured him most women from TN (he's from CA) had a little country in them. Especially when a family of opossum's moves in under your house!

Now the trap is reset again to see if there are any more critters under the house.

Daddy, plan your trip and get down here. You need to help me close up this hole!!!!

0 comments: